Today I am sick.
I woke up this morning and I could barely speak a word. My throat sounded like I have been smoking for years and staying up having yelling contests with big burley men til 3 o'clock in the morning for the past month.
This was pretty devastating considering the fact that I was supposed to have a voice lesson today. Ain't gon' happen! (pronounced like Tracy at 1:27 in this video.)
What was nice about it was that I got to stay in bed.
Not just any bed either.
It is a magical Bed-knobs and Broomsticks kind of bed.
The Mr. and I have been on the hunt for an antique wrought iron bed for months. One like these:
We found our bed back in December and have been waiting ever so patiently for it to arrive! Its finally here!
We have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor since last year when we broke our other bed. Oops.
Nothing naughty, so get your mind out of the gutter. We were playing a little game of
"1-2-3 come and jump on me!"
The rules are simple:
1. You may start this game at any time and the other person has the obligation to join in, no matter what.
2. Lay on the bed and pile every single pillow possible on top of your self.
3. Protect important body parts.
4. Yell "1-2-3 come and jump on me!" at the top of your lungs.
5. The other person then gets the biggest and best possible running start, jumps, goes airborne, and lands smack dab on top on the other person, thus impeding normal breath function.
6. The person underneath the pillows is then obligated to suffocate with giddiness and laughter.
So now we have a lovely new aged bronze wrought iron bed. I am so proud of our first grown-up purchase together.
After I graduated my Nanny gave me some money to get a gift for all of the hard work I had done. So, we decided to get the bed that we had been looking around for for quite some time.
When we told Nanny that we had decided to purchase a bed with that money she was overjoyed.
You see, my Nanny is like the real life version of Betty White but even cooler. When we told her of our purchase she said,
"Well now I am just glad that I will have helped you get the bed that my great-grandchildren will be conceived in!!"
Oh Nanners. You are too funny.
So, here I lay. In our perfect new bed. Without a voice. I have had three pieces of cheese toast today with the homemade bread I made two days ago. I left the house once, to go to the bank and then to buy a printer for our house. Maybe it's time to take a shower.
I think I'll just wait for John to come home and I'll yell, "1-2-3 COME AND JUMP ON ME" as soon as I hear the lock turn.